Saturday, July 18, 2009

Star Wars Han Solo and Chewbacca

Having already taken pictures of a 1/6 scale Medicom Han Solo and Chewbacca (post HERE), I decided to post more pictures of the pair as a continuity, although not in 1/6 scale.

First - Hasbro's Star Wars Silver Anniversary (1977 - 2002) pair of Han Solo and Chewbacca's "Death Star Escape". 1/6 scale clothed figures are more my thing because I really like the details they can achieve of the uniforms or costumes and accessories, as well as weapons. Articulation is also a big PLUS which is totally non-existent with those exorbitantly priced "Nice to look at and hold but once broken, considered sold" statues. 1/4 is just too big and anything smaller than 1/6 loses details. Having said that, once in a while, some figures do get my attention and this is one of those moments. I didn't collect Luke and Leia's "Swing to Freedom" nor Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader's "Final Duel" but this pair I liked instantly.











And then there's Kubrick Star Wars Han Solo and Chewbacca











Let's not forget Lego. I still have boxes of Lego Star Wars vehicles in their boxes, waiting to be assembled.



And then there's the ultimate Millennium Falcon (pictures HERE), Han Solo and Chewie's ride.

No comments: