Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Review 1: OE (Original Effect) 1/6 Reborn Body - alternative female body for 1/6 scale kitbashing

This is the recently released OE (Original Effect) 1/6 scale Reborn Body (female standard), an alternative female body to the ones being released by Phicen. Although touted as 1/6 scale, the figure is in fact 13 inches tall (33 cm in height from head to high heels) which makes it rather large for a sixth scale figure. 1:6 scale modeling, a.k.a. Playscale Miniaturism, is a hobby focusing on the collecting and / or customization of commercially produced 1:6 scale action figures and accessories. Most of this style of miniaturism is constructed around posable plastic figures. The average 1:6 figure stands roughly 30 cm (12 inches) tall, representing a 1.8 m (6 ft) tall human. So 13.5 inches is really rather BIG in sixth scale terms.

That being said, I still got this 13-inch tall OE (Original Effect) 1/6 scale Reborn Body because I like the head sculpt. Probably because I grew up reading quite a bit of Manga (Japanese comics) and watching just as much Anime (Japanese animated productions), so much so that I have a thing for anime / manga styled figures. Which explains why I got myself two Kotobukiya Bishoujo collection 1/7th scale statues - X-Force Psylocke (reviewed HERE and HERE) and Wonder Woman (pictures HERE and HERE) even though statues are not my main focus in collecting.


I've also gotten the OE (original effect) 1/6 scale killer instinct SAM 13-inch female action figure (posted HERE, HERE and HERE) as well as the Original Effect (OE) Army Attractive series 1/6 Viola 13.5-inch female action figure (reviewed earlier HERE and HERE). So this is my third Original Effect (OE) female figure so far.

Scroll down to see the rest of the pictures and check out the new OE Reborn Body :)


I've actually covered the OE (Original Effect) 1/6 Reborn Body packaging in my earlier March haul post HERE but I guess it's worth repeating. The figure is packaged naked but she actually has black underwear included. They are packed under her high heel feet.


Here's OE (Original Effect) 1/6 scale Reborn Body that is 13 inches tall from head to heels. She comes with black high heels and has no feet. She also comes with a black bra top and panties. Scroll down to see the turnaround views.


The figure is very sturdy and although the torso / body is made of rubber-like material, the arms and legs / limbs are made of hard plastic. So's the head. The plastic material is not brittle but rather solid and durable, and can take some knocks without any problems. OE manage to match the color tones very well so much so that you can't tell from the pictures that they are made of different materials until you hold it in your hands.


Here are close-ups of the OE (Original Effect) 13-inch tall Reborn Body 1/6 scale female head sculpt. What can I say? I LIKE it ;p


Check out these close-up shots / views of the torso of OE (Original Effect) 1/6 scale Reborn Body


NEXT: More pictures of OE (Original Effect) 1/6 scale Reborn Body in other poses. Note: some of them are NSFW (Not Suitable / Safe For Work) ;p Don't say I didn't warn you.

1 comment:

One Shot said...

no real interest in stuff like this for me personally. It seems like all these are is a realistic Barbie Doll? I mean that's just my opinion. How real do we need our "toys" to look and feel? I'm mean to each their own for sure, but for me these are something that just doesn't appeal to me. (I appreciate the craftsmanship and all don't get me wrong)