Saturday, November 29, 2014

End November 2014 Haul: Gangsters, Western, Kroenen, KP Conan and JB 007 Lotus Esprit

It's fast coming to the end of the year. It's going to be another year, another milestone. It's quite amazing how fast time flies when you are having FUN! These are some of the stuff I managed to get for the second half of November 2014. I already posted an entry of my early November 2014 haul HERE. These are things that came after the earlier haul. So I'm posting these here on my toy blog as an archive of the stuff I got and when I got them. The picture you see below doesn't show all of it. I took the picture before other stuff was added so there are more than meets the eye. Scroll down to see what else is not shown. (HINT: There's a certain Barbarian and a famous spy involved)


The picture above shows the latest released DAM Toys Gangsters Kingdom 1/6 scale Diamond 3 figure and the MC TOYS 1/6 scale Dark Climbing Kroenen Set plus Playmobil Western 5249 Horse-drawn Carriage with Cavalry Riders. What is not shown but covered in this post later on are the Kaustic Plastik XXL Project Set 1 - 1/6 scale The Fantasy Warrior fabric costume and accessories for 12-inch figures, Kaustic Plastik KP02XXL Heroik Muscle Body XXL Limited Edition 12-inch figure body and The 007 James Bond Car Collection Lotus Esprit from "The Spy Who Loved Me" film.

Scroll down to see the rest of the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.



First up is the DAM Toys Gangsters Kingdom 1/6 scale Diamond 3 figure (preview pictures HERE). This is the sixth Gangsters Kingdom figure that Dam Toys has released, if you don't count the exclusives which are the DAM Toys STGCC 2014 Gangsters Kingdom GK001EX Spade J 12-inch figure (with a limited run of 300 pieces) and the DAM Toys CICF 2014 Exclusive Gangsters Kingdom - Side Story - 1/6 scale Saxon 12-inch figure. There's the regular Spade J, 2, 3 and 4 followed by Diamond 2 and now 3. Not everyone can get the exclusive figures because of the limited run and quantities produced.


And here's the MC TOYS 1/6 scale Dark Climbing Kroenen Set (previewed on my toy blog HERE).


The 1/6 scale climbing gear and outfit is nicely detailed and pretty amazing. I can't wait to put all these together. What makes this set interesting is the word "Kroenen". It's the unique 1/6 scale head sculpt that comes with this set.


Karl Ruprecht Kroenen is a fictional character in the Hellboy comic book series, created by Mike Mignola. In the comics, Kroenen was a relatively unremarkable Nazi SS scientist, whose most distinguishing characteristic was that he always wore a gas mask and protective bodysuit, which Mignola attributes to a disfiguring accident of some kind. Director Guillermo del Toro created a significantly expanded biography for the character, to appear as a villain in the 2004 film adaptation.


Kaustic Plastik XXL Project Set 1 - 1/6 scale The Fantasy Warrior fabric costume and accessories for 12-inch figures arrived after I had taken a picture of my latest haul. This is a nice set which my dear friend Ted Menten had reviewed earlier (see my post from October HERE) since I didn't get this particular set myself. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I received this package via Fedex from the manufacturer of this sold-out set. Guess I will be doing a review of this KP Conan set after all :)


Also included with the Fedex package was this Kaustic Plastik KP02XXL Heroik Muscle Body XXL Limited Edition 12-inch figure body. This makes the set complete as I now have the head and body plus the clothes to make the MAN or CoNAN. Watch for my review soon.


I also got this Playmobil Western 5249 Horse-drawn Carriage with Cavalry Riders which comes with three United States Cavalry riders / soldiers, three horses and a carriage. The set also comes with a shooting cannon with up to four rounds of fire. I wanted this to complete the Playmobil 5245 Western: Fort Brave set which my wonderful wife had gotten for me earlier this year. Check out the pictures of the Fort HERE and HERE.


Last but not least, here's a look at The 007 James Bond Car Collection 1:43 scale Lotus Esprit from "The Spy Who Loved Me" film. This 1977 film and the Lotus Esprit introduced me to the world of Secret Agent 007 James Bond and the wonderful gadgets the spy had at his disposal. IMHO this car is the most iconic of all the Bond films. Comes with a nice magazine too.


Watch this space for the reviews to follow :)

3 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have always really loved the brilliant design elements in Playmobil. Every set is creative with tons of amazing details. I have many of the EGYPT sets.

alex teo said...

Those EGYPT sets are simply amazing :) After Western, that would be my next choice.

Kaido said...

Congrats on Diamond 3! Still hasn't come yet for me!

I've got a lot of nice Playmobil sets. I have the pyramid, Sphinx, and the bandit hideout from the Egypt line. The Roman Coliseum is a really fine set too.