Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas :) My 2nd December 2014 haul: Wolfpack Clone, Parker threads & Speed Rider

Merry Christmas everyone :)

These are Christmas presents I got for myself LOL It's not a lot but I still find joy in these little things. This is my second haul for December 2014 (check out my first December haul HERE). I still haven't lost my passion for them so I'll just keep on going and going and going, like the Energizer rabbit. So what's the haul this time? There's the Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars 104th Battalion 1/6th scale Wolfpack Clone Trooper 12-inch Figure (first previewed HERE), POP TOYS 1/6th scale Style Series X15 Super Juvenile Hero Windbreaker and Schoolbag Suit (for a certain Peter Parker - previewed earlier HERE) and Belet 1/6th scale Speed Rider Outfit and Head Sculpt Set which is very much based on Fast and the Furious Dom Toretto character, portrayed by Vin Diesel in all the films - also previewed HERE.


All three items here cost less than one Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series figure which is why I'm buying less Hot Toys these days and putting my money elsewhere instead. Hot Toys certainly has the quality going for it but their prices just keep going up and up which is ironic since their customer base has grown by leaps and bounds and that means they are definitely making money because of the increased demand and orders. Yet they just keep raising the price with each new release. As for me, I'm happy with my purchases and still enjoying the journey. I haven't seen the end of the road yet as far as toy collecting is concerned.

Scroll down to see all the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.



Inspired by Sergeant Sinker in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", Sideshow Collectibles decided to introduce the Wolfpack Clone Trooper: 104th Battalion Sixth Scale Figure as part of their Militaries of Star Wars collection. Under the command of Jedi General Plo Koon and Commander Wolffe, the loyal Clone Troopers of the Wolfpack squad identify themselves with a distinctive blue-grey decor, designed to honor fallen comrades at the hands of General Grievous during the Battle of Abregado.


The packaging for the POP TOYS 1/6th scale Style Series X15 Super Juvenile Hero Windbreaker and Schoolbag Suit is designed to look like a wardrobe but actually doesn't look like much at all.


The contents however is most interesting if you have been following the adventures of The Amazing Spider-Man played by Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. This is one of Peter Parker's non-Spidey costume i.e. his civvies or what he wears when he's not swinging around the city skyline in his Spider-Man costume.


And last but not least, Belet 1/6th scale Speed Rider Outfit and Head Sculpt Set which also comes in a very plain and simple black box with no hint of what is inside. I wonder how the shops sell these if there are no reference pictures. How do they convince customers to buy?


Belet 1/6th scale Speed Rider Outfit and Head Sculpt Set consists of one 1/6 scale head sculpt, a necklace with a cross, a black T-shirt, pants and shoes. Nothing significant until you google "Dom Toretto" and the images that pop up shows Vin Diesel wearing a very similar outfit in Fast and Furious 6.


The Belet 1/6 head sculpt is also a dead giveaway to what this set is meant to represent. Dominic 'Dom' Toretto's famous quote from the film: "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free." How far he has come since the first Fast and the Furious movie.


2 comments:

R. Snare said...

How does the head look on a Hot Toys muscle body?

alex teo said...

Gonna try it out real soon :) stay tuned for the review. Cheers!